Sunday, April 28, 2013

SUGI -- Greenbelt 2

NOTE TO READERS: I LOVE JAPANESE FOOD! Super short "review" though!

My parents and I just watched Iron Man 3 last Friday (Loved it!) The movie ended at 8:30, and we decided to have dinner in Sugi, since we were craving for Japanese (I'm always craving for Japanese food huhuhu) and we wanted to avail the 50% discount when we use our Metrobank Platinum MasterCard or Metrobank World MasterCard. -- Until MAY 10, 2013 ONLY!!! (Mondays-Fridays ONLY)



To be honest, when I first heard of Sugi, (the one in Greenhills but it's closed now) I was always intimidated by the place because it looks "sossy" and "high-end."  When I finally tried it, I think now I'll be comfortable eating there now that I know the staff are friendly, the atmosphere is great and the food is really good!

The wait was worth it!

Tiger Roll
Tiger Roll - Imported hamachi, fresh Salmon and Japanese grilled eel with asparagus rolled in sushi rice, nori and egg.
I like how they alternate the nori and egg! 

Spider Roll
Spider Roll - Sushi roll with fried soft shell crab, avocado, lettuce, and asparagus topped with kani.
A must try for me! I always order this, because I love soft shell crab.
NOTE: Ask first if it's available!

Koebi Karaage
 Koebi Kaarage - Fried small shrimps with vinegar.
One of my favorite appetizers ever!!! I love how you can just eat it whole hehehe stress free!

Sorry forgot what this is called! But you can find it in their "Menu of the Month"
The fish is Halibut, and it reminds me of Sea Bass. My dad loved it and the vegetables were good too!

Gindara Teriyaki
Gindara Teriyaki - Grilled cod fish with Sugi's signature teriyaki sauce.
I love Sugi's teriyaki sauce! I liked the fish but was boney..

Kobe Beef Steak
Kobe Beef Steak - medium well
It's like butter. 

Yaki Meshi - Japanese fried rice
Don't worry! It won't ruin the taste of your other dishes!

Coffee Jelly with Vanilla Ice Cream
"Pampatanggal ng suya"


Summary:
Ambiance: ★
Location:
Presentation:
Price:★ (without the 50% off from Metrobank)
Taste:
Well the prices are a bit expensive but you don't have to buy the expensive meals.  They have dishes like the bento boxes and  I think the quality will be the same anyway. This place is great for family dinner or lunch!


SUGI
Ground Floor, Greenbelt 2, Esperanza Street, Ayala Center, Makati City
Website: http://www.sugirestaurant.com/
Telephone: (02) 757-3678 to 79 and 757-3986 (Make sure to call for reservation!) 
Operating Hours
Lunch: 11:00 - 2:00pm and 
Dinner:  6:00pm - 10:00pm

No comments:

Post a Comment