Sunday, April 21, 2013

Village Tavern -- Bonifacio High Street Central

To celebrate my first day of Summer (freedom!!!) my parents and I headed to BGC to have dinner. We tried Village Tavern; traditional comfort food with a refreshing twist. We got to try some of Village Tavern's dishes combining both traditional flavors and fresh new twists, resulting in some creative and delicious dishes. We've been wanting to try this, because it is part of the The Bistro Group (just like Italianni's, Bulgogi Brothers, T.G.I.Friday's, etc.) They say it's the "High-end of Friday's" but I thought otherwise. It is no where near Friday's, lol.

For a Friday night, the place was packed! This was around 8pm and there was a line and I was getting cranky (because it was just so hot!!!) but we were still 4th for a table inside, so my mom decided to just get a table outside. I was shocked that my mom wanted a table outside, since the weather wasn't cooperating. I can't even explain how humid it was, but at least the food and the staff were pleasing. The staff was very welcoming even though they were all busy, and even though we were outside we didn't mind, because their food was a winner for us!




For starters we had the Hot Crab Dip.
Hot Crab Dip - Premium backfish crab meat with toasted garlic bread and sour dough bread. Php. 495.00
This was a good start for our night! It reminded us something we had in San Francisco and it tasted so fresh. The triangular bread (thought they were pancakes) is something different, but good!

Their take on the Thai Chicken Salad
Thai Chicken Salad - Seasonal greens, cabbages, sliced chicken, cucumbers, edamame, crisp wontons tossed in lime-cilantro dressing and drizzled with Thai peanut sauce. Php. 495.00
TOO. GOOD. TO. DESCRIBE.
This is now our favorite salad! It doesn't taste Thai to me, but it's okay, because it was just flavorful! It got my taste-buds tingling!

My dad the fish lover ordered, Ten Spice Glazed Salmon
Ten Spice Glazed Salmon - Ten spice glazed Atlantic Salmon with rice pilaf, broccoli, red pepper and toasted almonds. Regular Php. 550.00
The fish was cooked perfectly, and so was the rice. I definitely recommend this dish for the "healthy eaters!"

Next up is the Ribeye for my mom.
Ribeye 12 oz - Php. 1,950.00 - Medium well.
The meat was tender and cooked just the way we like it. The Mashed Potato that came with it though was the winner for me and the sauce was good too!

For myself, Fillet Mignon
Fillet Mignon 8 oz - Php. 1,450.00 - Medium well.
I don't know what I was thinking for ordering this. I was bland and dry. If they had a sauce for this, then it wouldn't be that bad. I didn't even finish this, and it's steak?! My mom's steak was better!

For dessert we had the oh so good Banana Crepes!
Banana Crepes - Layered with chocolate hazelnut, banana ice cream, fresh banana, caramel and chocolate sauce. Php. 395.00
And yes, it tasted as good as it sounds. The ice cream is specially made by Village Tavern and it was wrapped in light crepe. I loved how it's surrounded by a pool of caramel! Don't worry, this caramel isn't too sweet and sticky! And I loved the coffee beans that came with it!


Summary:
Ambiance: ★
Location:
Presentation:
Price:
Taste:
Once again, The Bistro Group did not disappoint us! Food was good, though it was too pricey for me, but it is worth to try! Definitely coming back to try the other dishes! (Especially their Homemade Desserts!)


Village Tavern2nd Level Bonifacio High Street Central, 7th Avenue corner 29th Street, 1630 Taguig 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/VillageTavernPhilippines
Telephone: (02) 621-3245
Operating Hours

Monday - Thursday: 11:00 - 11:00pm and 
Friday - Sunday:  6:00pm - 12:00am

No comments:

Post a Comment