Saturday, March 09, 2013

Sinfully by Makati Shangri-La -- Greenbelt 5

After having dinner in Greenbelt 5 (again,) my parents, brother and I went our separate ways and I had a chance to do a review on one of my favorite patisserie! This would be Sinfully by Makati Shangri-La. This used to be in Circles only, but they took their collection of pralines, french macarons, designer cakes, and freshly-baked pastries outside of the hotel’s swanky location, on the Second level of Greenbelt 5 in Makati City.


You will be surely drawn by the open-kitchen allowing you to watch as pastry chefs whip up the shop’s creations; You will surely be excited and be wanting to try these attractive and sweet indulging goodies. 
Front Kitchen
Back Kitchen

As you enter the store, you will get the heavy aroma of premium high-end chocolate, the kind that easily triggers buying impulses even for the not-so-much-chocolate-buyers. *I am not really a fan of chocolates, but then I can have them once and awhile and it depends on the chocolate too!* I asked the manager there where the chocolates come from and she said that the chocolates used were imported from Belgium, France and Switzerland. No wonder they are expensive...

Some of their other products for different occasions.
I find these cakes so cute! Perfect for any occasion.
Since it is almost Easter, here are some ideal gifts!
 
At the back of the store you will see their different pastries and breads.
TAKE NOTE: 50% OFF! 

They also have their cakes safely displayed inside back-lit glass cases like precious jewelries. A cake can cause more than a thousand pesos but less than 2k.

They also have french macarons! (But I prefer the ones from Bar Dolci.)

They also have those mini cakes that everyone likes! These can cost Php. 220.00 - Php. 260.00 each.
 *This is was around before 8pm, that's why the cake glass is almost empty.*

 They are mostly known for their Pralines! They are freshly made everyday and you can truly see that time and work is put into these goodies. It is Php. 60.00 a piece.

This is their Kiss Collection
The manager was the one assisting me and she made me try the Caribbean Kiss.
Caribbean Kiss - this is a dark chocolate praline with star anise and white chocolate ganache. (Php. 60.00)
 I'm not a fan of dark chocolate, because of it's bitter taste, but this didn't not taste bitter at all. It was sweet but the star anise added more flavor too it.
 
Next up is the Casanova Collection, which is their frutiy flavors of chocolate.

The manager made me try the Cherry Francesca. This is a new item and it is good, not that fruity though, which is good, because I hate frutiy flavored food.
(I was eating it while walking to our parking. NO SHAME.)

TIME FOR THE SWEETS I GOT!

For the mini cakes, I ordered the Caramel Dome.
In my receipt it says it is Php. 212.77
I expected this to be really sweet, but no. The only sweet part is the caramel cover of the cake and the filling is creamy and has this crunchy bite into it at the bottom.

I ordered 3 pralines
First up is my favorite of them all, the White Russian.
This is the only white chocolate I can eat!
The second one was a best seller, which is the Feulletine.
This has a crispy chrunchy filling that has smooth chocolate that opposites it.
And the third one is my brother's favorite, the Almond Crunch!
(I didn't get to taste it. Blame the brother.)

Summary:
Ambiance: ★
Location:
Presentation:
Price: 
Taste:  
Sinfully by Makati Shari-La offers really great tasting pralines and cakes. Although, it is in the pricy side, they are delectable and inviting! This is good for gifts for others and for yourself! 
*I can assure you that the staff is very nice and welcoming! They would answer your questions and would help you decide on what to get too.* 



















"Choose your sin. Sinfully by Makati Shangri-La offers sinful cakes, sinful chocolates, sinful pastries, sinful bakeries and other indulgences. The pastry gift shop is located at the second floor of Greenbelt 5, Ayala Center, Makati City. "

Sinfully by Makati Shangri-La 
2nd floor Greenbelt 5,
Ayala Center, Makati.
(This between Cibo and UCC) 
(Right in front of the elevator in the 2nd floor)

No comments:

Post a Comment