Sunday, March 10, 2013

Recipe of the Week! #3 and #4

Sorry I haven't had a 'Recipe of the Week' post in 2 weeks?! So today, I'll be sharing my own recipe! The first one is my friends' favorite dish that I cook whenever they're in my house. This is perfect for parties, hang-outs or just plain chilling at home! *This is good for potlucks too!*  It is super easy and fast to prepare and cook! I usually have them in Wings, but since I wanted this "less fattening" I only used white meat.


Honey-Barbeque Chicken Popcorns

Ingredients:
10-12 pieces of Chicken Breast Fillet
2 cups of All-Purpose Flour
1 tablespoon of Cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon of Paprika
1 tablespoon of Ground Black Pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon of Garlic Salt
1 1/2 teaspoon of Onion Salt

2-3 cups of canola oil (you can use vegetable too.)

Honey-Barbeque Sauce
1 1/4 cup Tomato Ketchup
1/3 cup White Vinegar
1/4 cup Molasses (Molasses is a thick, brown to deep black, honey-like substance made when cane or beet sugar is processed.)
1/4 cup Honey
2 teaspoons of Tabasco®
2 teaspoon Chili Powder
1 teaspoon Onion Salt
1 teaspoon Garlic Salt 

Procedure:
1. Cut the chicken breast fillet into bite size pieces.
2. Combine flour, cayenne pepper, paprika, black pepper, garlic and onion salt all together.
3. Coat the chopped breast fillet with the dry rub.
4. When oil is heated, fry the chicken until it floats and golden.
**While the chicken is cooking you can start with your sauce**
1. In your sauce pan, combine ketchup, white vinegar, molasses, Tabasco® and let it bubble up a little. (Your stove should be at Medium heat.)
2. When it starts to bubble, you can now add the chili powder, onion salt and garlic salt. Mix.
3. Let it bubble up for 2-3 minutes then you can turn off your stove.
4. When the chicken is done, you can now mix the sauce into the chicken in a bowl.
5. Now you can serve! Perfect with pasta or rice (even bread!)



But then I had extra uncooked but seasoned chicken and my mom used bacon for her pasta but did not use it all, so... I got some of the left over chicken and wrapped them in bacon and fried them up! (Talk about cholesterol... but it's sayang naman if I don't use it!)

For this, I cut the bacon into 4's and seasoned it with Cayenne Pepper! After that, I wrapped the chicken with the bacon and used a toothpick to secure the bacon around the chicken.

For the dip I had Anchor Maple Flavored Butter just used 1/4 of it. I melted the butter and once it was melted I added 1/3 cup of Cheez Whiz. While cooking this over Medium heat, make sure you don't burn it, keep on stirring until they are fully combined!



No comments:

Post a Comment