Sunday, March 24, 2013

Las Flores -- Bonifacio Global City

I bet you're wondering why most of my post are in the Makati-Taguig side on Metro Manila, and that is because these are the places I always pass by on my way to school and on my way home! So, I think I can say, I know BGC very well already! While I was on my way home, I made my driver take a different route, which we never tried passing before (to get away from traffic,) and I found this restaurant called, Las Flores. (The owner of Las Flores, are the former owners of Barcino!) This is a modern Spanish restaurant that offers a different kind of Spanish food!

This weekend, after mass I told my parents about this place, and they said we should give it a try! I was super excited, because it's been awhile since I had Spanish food and I've been craving for Gambas!

There is no parking area in Las Flores, but they do have valet, but if ever you want to park your own car, you can park near UCC at the back of Mcdonalds and Max's!

I love how cozy looking it is and the ambiance of the place is very chill and relaxing.

The interior design is mix-matched, which is very cool and can really start a trend here in Manila. The ambiance of the restaurants has this really homey feeling to it too. Good thing we were early too, because this place gets packed, even on a weekday!
(Lol, me and my fascination with pretty lights)

Even the ambiance outside gives you good vibes! This area of BGC isn't too hot, so it's fine to seat outside.
One thing we noticed though, that not all the staff were so accommodating. Good thing that our server was and the food was good. And they're somewhat strict with reservations! So, I recommend calling first before going here.

Now for the food!
Like I mentioned in my post before, my dad does not eat pork or beef so he ordered the Atün en Escabeche de Vino y Aceite de Oliva Virgen.
Atün en Escabeche de Vino y Aceite de Oliva Virgen - Marinated tuna in white wine with a delicious escabeche sauce. Php. 395.00 (Cold dish)
Another thing about my dad, he's allergic to alcohol but good thing the wine wasn't strong so he had no reaction.
I know what you're thinking, it's tuna, so it might be malangsa, but I can assure you, this dish is not! It's big chunks of flavorful tuna and you can eat it with bread (super good bread, no need for butter!) and add a little sauce and you're good! What we also did was, get the bread and get the oil from the Gambas with the garlic and red chili and then add the tuna! Yum!

My mom ordered her favorite, which is Gambas Al Ajillo Picantes, Por Supuesto. Sorry for the photo, we were too excited..
Gambas Al Ajillo Picantes, Por Supuesto - garlic fried shrimps. Php. 345.00 (Hot dishes)
I LOVE GAMAS!!! It wasn't salty and not that spicy too, but it was so good (that I wanted to order another one.) I loved the fried garlic and the red chillies combination. It came with two sliced of bread also that went well with the dish.

Our server recommended this, Botifarra Catalana.
Botifarra Catalana - Catalan sausage with baked potatoes, caramelized onions, and shitake mushrooms.
3 of my favorites in one dish! I loved the baked potatoes, because it still had a crunch with it and the caramelized onions had this salty and sweet flavor that went well with the potatoes and the shitake mushrooms weren't soggy. The thing that killed this dish for me, was the sausage, it had this strong taste to it and a major after taste.

This is their Croquetas de Pollo Asado Caseras de la Abuela.
 Croquetas de Pollo Asado Caseras de le Abuela - home made croquetas stuffed with roasted chicken. (Php. 195.00)
"Croquetas have to be done right to be appreciated." - My Mom
I was amazed how the outer shell wasn't oily but it still had a crunch. The stuffing tasted like chicken ala king, meaning it was smooth and creamy. Really tasty, but I didn't like the sauce, good thing it still tasted good without it!

And this is their very famous, Paella de Marisco.
Paella de Marisco - Seafood paella (Cooking time: 20-25 minutes and if you want the "tutong" or toasted bottom, inform them beforehand) (Php.495.00) 
It’s a little on the wet side like how Catalan paellas are. Nonetheless, it was a good Paella (as you can see we attacked it right away) and my parents and I enjoyed finishing this!  Fairly priced, I’d order this again!
*Must try!*

And for dessert, we had the Pastel de Queso con Frambuesa!
Pastel de queso con frambuesa - cheesecake with mixed berries (Pph.195.00)
An attempt to be inventive, this was definitely a win! (Proof: check the photo) It's a cheesecake with a graham crackers at the bottom, that simple but so good!

They had new additions to their menu, so give it a try! We were going to, but we would have ordered to much already.
 
Summary:
Ambiance: ★
Location:
Presentation:
Price:
Taste:  
Las Flores can really offer you good food and good vibes! They are reasonably priced compared to other Spanish restaurants here in Metro Manila. I will definitely come back!

















Las Flores
G/F One Mckinley Place, 25th St., Bonifacio Global City
(In front of Pacific Plaza, beside BDO) (Behind-ish to the Mini Cooper show room)
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lasflores.ph
Telephone: (02) 552-2815 

Mobile: 0916 619-3365 
Operating Hours

(Lunch) 11:00 - 2:00pm and (Dinner) 6:00pm - 2:00am

No comments:

Post a Comment