Wednesday, February 27, 2013

‘Cue Modern Barbecue -- Bonifacio High Street Central

There are a lot of barbecue places here in Metro Manila, but the variety of flavors of ‘Cue changes the competition! It may not be a Filipino taste inspired, but its taste has inspired a Filipino food lover. Since my family is a 'Foodie,' this week I made my parents try 'Cue Modern Barbecue! I tried this restaurant before with my brother and his girlfriend (that was the time I tried one of the best Fried Oysters dish I ever tasted,) and I knew I had to make my mom try their not so usual tacos and my dad to try their special menu!


 First thing I noticed when I entered the restaurant is the wall. On the wall, there are diagrams of different cuts of meat. When I first went here, while waiting for our food, my brother and I were figuring out where the 'Bacon' comes from.
Another thing I noticed is the ceiling (only at the right side of the restaurant) with the cow skin. I was amazed and creeped out at the same time.
'Cue offers a simple yet cozy atmosphere, with the bar and kitchen at the left side of the restaurant.
*They have a good selection of beers and spirits. They say that alcohol can enhance your appetite.*
My favorite seat is the one facing the bar, lol.

One feature that I did like are the bag hooks under the table.
The little things, do add a difference!


NOW FOR THE FOOD.
I love restaurants that give you complimentary appetizer. They are good to me!
 This is their complimentary appetizer, which is barbeque flavored popcorn.
My mom liked it. She even asked what powder they used for flavoring.

Since it is Lenten Season, they have this special menu for seafood and vegetables. This is only from February 13 to March 31, 2013, Sunday, so check them out! This is perfect for my dad since he doesn't eat pork or beef.
I thought this was really smart, but I hope they keep some of these dishes on their original menu!

Like I mentioned in my Kenji Tei Ramen House review I tried this really good Oyster Fry compared to theirs (Hahaha, sorry!) which is the Fried Oysters & Cajun Horseradish Sauce
Fried Oysters & Cajun Horseradish Sauce - (Php. 255.00)
If you like fried oysters, then you will enjoy these Cajun oven-fried oysters with spicy cocktail sauce. When they served this in our table, I got so excited, because they're really good. I am not even a fan of horseradish, because it is too strong, but this I really enjoyed! 
 SIMOT.
*A MUST TRY!* 

Next up is their own take on steak tacos, which is the Bone Marrow and Steak Tacos 
 Bone Marrow and Steak Tacos - Roasted corn salsa, flour tortillas, sweet n' spicy salsa verde. (Php. 485.00)
I’m not really a fan of bone marrow but they said this is a must try. So, I got the mini flour tortilla, adding some steak, a bit of bone marrow and topped that off with COLD corn salsa and salsa verde then wrapped the whole thing up. It was good. My mom liked it and we even got my dad to try it! Though, that salsa verde sauce needs some getting used to and the steak was very tender but lacked flavor, a bit of salt and pepper would be nice. 
*Remember, it isn't the same if you don't add the bone marrow! I know it isn't healthy but you don't eat this all the time, so give it a go!*
*Another tip: Remember to eat the bone marrow before it turns into solid AND if you're done with the bone, you can ask them to wrap it up for you and bring it home to your dog!*
*A MUST TRY!*

Like I said my dad doesn't eat pork or beef, he ordered the 'Cue Fish 'Wich & Hand-Cut Chips, which is found on their special season menu.
'Cue Fish 'Wich & Hand-Cut Chips - Semolina-breaded Dory fish, red apple coleslaw, yellow cheddar, lime tartar, fresh arugula on homemade brioche bun. (Php. 310.00)
My dad loved his burger! The vegetables added a bite to the burger and it went well with the fish. The fish wasn't oily and the coleslaw wasn't overpowering. You get the right amount of fish, cheese and vegetable in every bite. I liked the hand-cut chips! They weren't salty, but some were oily.

My mom and I aren't burger people but what the heck we might as well try and share the 'Cue Burger
'Cue Burger - A 6oz house-blend all-beef patty, mozzarella and smoked provolone, chorizo slices, arugula, a slap of red wine bbq sauce on butter grilled bun. (Php. 420.00)
I shamelessly took a huge bite out of this and liked it. The beef patty tasted great; it was well seasoned and really juicy! I really enjoyed the chorizo slices and the mozzarella cheese. For a person who was never really a fan of burgers (excpet In-N-Out Burger,) this should mean a lot. It came with a plate of sweet potato fries which was so good it was the first thing to be chowed down. 

Since the sweet potato fries (more like wedges) we're really good, my dad and I shared an extra order of it. (Php. 85.00) -- NOT BAD AT ALL.
The fries were soft inside probably broiled first before being fried to get the crispy texture but really smooth inside. *If you're not a fan of mayonnaise like me, I suggest you ask for ketchup! It goes well with the sweet potato aka kamote.*

My mom wanted pasta, and we were arguing about what to order I wanted the Red Wine Arrabbiata & BBQ'd Tiger Prawns (Php. 310.00) but instead we had the Smoked Bacon Carbonara.
Smoked Bacon Carbonara - House-made bourbon cream, mushrooms, Parmesan and a slice of bacon slab. (Php. 325.00)
Bleh. Not worth it. I can make a better Carbonara than this (no offense!) I am not a fan of cream based pastas and this lacked flavor for me. It was pricey too, I expected something thinner and not as lumpy. The bacon slab was the winner piece in the dish (not in the picture, I ate it right away, croo.)
*You must add pepper and salt if you try this!!! Oh and ask for extra Parmesan.*



Summary:
Ambiance: ★
Location:
Presentation:
Price:
Taste:
Prices are a definitely on the high side probably, because of the location as well as the quality of the ingredients. Meat lovers better go there and judge whether ‘Cue is your 'meat paradise.'
























‘Cue Modern Barbecue
7th Avenue corner 29th Street
L/G Floor Bonifacio High Street Central
East Superblock
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City

(The opposite side of Slice and Jamba Juice) 
(High Street Central is the one that opposites R.O.X and 7th High)
Operating Hours:
Monday-Sunday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm, 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
(02) 621-4052; 0917-8992283 - Globe; 0921-2801389 - Smart 
(Yes, they take table reservations!) I say get the far back side!


















Facebook Page:http://www.facebook.com/CueModernBBQ

No comments:

Post a Comment