Sunday, July 28, 2013

ISOGI -- San Antonio Plaza, Makati

Isogi is one of the newest addition in the San Antonio Plaza! It's a really tiny restaurant between Purple Oven and Kashmir, but do not underestimate their size for their food! To be honest, I thought it would be one of those pasosyal na Japanese restaurants, but this one is definitely not one of those! Isogi is by KAI (Greenbelt 5)

My parents and I tried it after the anticipated mass in San Antonio Parish. Note: Go early! It's tricky to find parking in the area, unless you're hearing mass there. Just to be sure also, call ahead so you'll have a table! Even though you're a small group still call. I had to call in the morning just to make sure we get a table.



It's really small the inside sits around 30 people but they have 2 or 3 tables outside too. I really love the vibe of this haha! It has this chill but still sophisticated feeling to it.

Now for the main event!  

A special thing about them is their Wasabi! They use FRESH WASABI! It really adds that kick to the sushi roll that you ordered! It's rare to find Japanese restaurants that use fresh Wasabi! My dad couldn't get enough of their sushi because of their wasabi.
California Maki

Soft Shell Crab Roll
Always been a favorite of mine! Really tasty for a starter! Though, I wish their serving of this was bigger :(

Spicy Tuna Maki
My mom loved this! She loves tuna and she loved that the cheese topping, I think! It's really good, and it works with the rice, the tuna and tempura bits.
Prawn and Scallop Dynamite
I didn't really enjoy this since I do not like the taste of mayo, so what I did was I mixed it with my rice. If you like that mayo taste and then you'll enjoy this. My mom loved it! It's something different, so worth to try!

Chicken and Salmon Yakitori
Aaaww these reminded me of Tori-Q from Singapore! Their chicken were crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, and the salmon were perfectly cooked for me! The sauce wasn't salty and not that sweet either. Try asking for for extra sauce on the side, because omg, I couldn't get enough of them!

Australian Rib Eye Tepanyaki
So soft! Not exactly 'melt in your mouth' but still good! It looks so oily, but I think they used a less fattening kind of oil (Omg what am I saying...)

   Wagyu Fried Rice
Yummy! Very different from the other Japanese fried rice I've tried before. I thought it would be in a small ball, but no it serves 3-4 people! 

We also ordered Ebi Tempura, but I didn't get to take a photo. It was 5 pieces and it was rather small, but not as oily as the others!

Summary:
Ambiance: ★
Location:
Presentation:
Price:
Taste:
I think I found my new Omakase! (Half a joke) It was close though. I really enjoyed their use of Fresh Wasabi! We're definitely coming back to try their bento boxes and I might pass by here before I go home from school for some take out! Hahaha! The food choices are limited and the prices aren't that bad, the thing that made it bad is the service charge... 




*CLICK TO ENLARGE PHOTOS*

ISOGI
G/F San Antonio Plaza (between Purple Oven and Kashmir)

50 Mckinley Road cor. Palm Drive,

Forbes Park, Makati City

Telephone Number: 0917-892 1332 (Do call or text for a reservation!)
Facebook Page: ISOGI

Operating Hours:
Sunday to Thursday – 11am - 10pm

Fridays & Saturdays – 11am - 1am

1 comment:

  1. wow looks so good :O keep doing what you do ;)

    ReplyDelete